We do not offer online registration for this class at this time. To register, call the office at 770-606-9697.
This program prepares you to take the National Health Career Association, Phlebotomy Technician certification exam and provides students with opportunity to gain advanced training and skills to further their healthcare career. Successful completion of the required components and passing and acquiring the Patient Care Technician Certification will enable students to apply for employment where Phlebotomy Technician training and certification is required or encouraged.
- History of Phlebotomy
- Anatomy & physiology
- Quality assurance and legal issues associated with phlebotomy
- Infection control
- Medical terminology
- Blood collection procedures for patients of all ages
- Non-blood Specimens and tests
- Specimen handling and processing
- Basic math skills
- Practice procedure for successfully collecting a minimum 40 blood draws
- Certification test preparation
- Employment search strategies, resources, resume writing and general information
Instruction is presented as a combination of lecture, video and power point presentations, and a strong emphasis on hands on training. Students will play the role of patient for other students to practice skills. Students are also requested and encouraged to invite family and friends to volunteer for medical testing and blood draws.