We do not offer online registration for this class at this time. To register, call the office at 770-606-9697.
This program prepares you to take the National Health Career Association, EKG Technician certification exam and provides students with opportunity to gain advanced training and skills to further their healthcare career. Successful completion of the required components and passing and acquiring the EKG Technician Certification will enable students to apply for employment where EKG Technician training and certification is required or encouraged.
- Anatomy & physiology of the heart
- EKG medical terminology
- Procedure for successfully performing EKG test
- Learn to recognize, understand and analyze EKG tests
- Cardiac and other disorders and disease
- Certification test preparation
- Employment search strategies, resources, resume writing and general information
Instruction is presented as a combination of lecture, and a strong emphasis on hands on training. Students will play the role of patient for other students to practice skills. Students are also requested and encouraged to invite family and friends to volunteer for EKG testing.